Pistachio-Mint Loin Roast
If you're looking for an exquisite dish that will not only satisfy your hunger but also your craving for flavors, look no further. The Pistachio-Mint Loin Roast combines the tenderness of lamb loin with the refreshing taste of mint and the crunchy texture of pistachios.
What Makes Pistachio-Mint Loin Roast Special?
This rolled lamb roast is stuffed with a verdant green paste of pistachios and mint. While lamb is often served with mint jelly or sauce, this recipe infuses the lamb with mint from the start. The lamb loin, known for its tenderness, perfectly complements the crunch of pistachios, providing a delightful contrast in textures. This dish not only stands out for its unique flavor combination but also for its appealing visual presentation.
Who Can Enjoy This Delight?
Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a larger gathering, this recipe can serve 4 to 6 people and is sure to impress. With just 1.5 hours of preparation and cooking time, you'll have a delicious main course ready in no time. Despite its gourmet appearance, this recipe is surprisingly simple with a difficulty rating of 3 out of 10, making it attainable for cooks of all skill levels.
Ingredients for Pistachio-Mint Loin Roast
Before diving into the cooking process, let's gather all the necessary ingredients:
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachios
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds (optional)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 North 44 Farm boneless lamb loin (about 3 1/2 pounds)
Now that you have all your ingredients ready, it's time to start cooking.
1. First, preheat the oven to 400°F. In a mini food processor or blender, combine the mint, pistachios, coriander seeds, garlic, and 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper and pulse until a coarse paste forms.
2. Next, season the outside of the lamb loin with salt and pepper. Using your fingers or a small spoon, stuff the pistachio-herb mixture between the ties into the center cavity of the lamb loin. (If you have kitchen twine, you can also remove the ties on the lamb and then retie it.)
3. In a large, oven-safe skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high. Add the lamb and sear until browned on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to the oven and roast until the lamb registers 125°F in the center for medium-rare, 35 to 40 minutes. Rest for 10 minutes before slicing.