Leg of Lamb Steak & Zucchini on the Grill
And here's the best part - you can replace zucchini with any vegetable of your choice depending on the season! Let's dive into this amazing recipe that serves two and can be prepared in just 30 minutes.
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 3 pounds North 44 Farm Lamb Leg Steaks
- 2 medium-large zucchini, cut lengthwise ½-inch-thick
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Extra-virgin olive oil for greasing
- 1 lemon
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
Now that you have gathered all the ingredients, it's time to start cooking. Follow these steps:
- Heat a grill to medium-high. On a parchment or foil-lined sheet pan, season the lamb, zucchini and scallions generously with salt and pepper, then drizzle with enough olive oil to coat.
- Clean and lightly grease the grates. Add the lamb, zucchini and green onions and grill for 3 to 6 minutes per side, until the vegetables are nicely browned and floppy and the lamb is medium-rare (130°F). Discard the parchment, then as ingredients finish, return them to the (now clean!) sheet pan.
- Finely chop the scallions. In a small bowl, finely grate the zest of the lemon and squeeze in the juice of half the lemon (1 ½ tablespoons juice). Add the butter and scallions, season with salt and pepper, and mash with a fork until combined. Cut the remaining lemon half into wedges.
- Schmear some of the butter on the lamb and zucchini. Thinly slice the lamb and serve with the extra butter and lemon wedges for squeezing over.
The tenderness of the lamb, the crunch of the zucchini, and the tanginess of the lemon create an explosion of flavors in your mouth that's hard to resist. Plus, it's super easy and quick to make. So whether you're a seasoned chef or a newbie in the kitchen, this recipe is perfect for you. Try it today and wow your loved ones with your culinary skills.