Whipped tallow balm is our go-to winter skin saver on the farm. We make our tallow balm with 3 ingredients; grass fed tallow from our cows, organic grapeseed oil, and then we lightly scent it with Eucalyptus oil from Australia. Each tallow balm is packaged in a heavy 14 ounce glass tumbler with the idea that once you've used all the tallow, you can wash the tumbler and use it as drink ware - less waste!
Tallow balm ships free!
Why tallow? (source)
- Vitamins A, B12, D, E, and K are extremely nourishing for skin. This particular combination of beneficial vitamins is only found together in animal products.
- Alpha linoleic and linoleic acids in almost a perfect ratio of 1:1. These are also known as omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, and they maintain the structure and barrier function of skin. They are also helpful for anti inflammatory and immune responses in skin, including eczema and rosacea.
- Stearic acid and oleic acid are fatty acids that are found in the outer layer of our skin, and in our sebum. They are softening, moisturizer, regenerative, and anti inflammatory. Stearic acid helps to repair skin, improve the flexibility of skin, improves skin’s barrier function. Oleic acid helps the various beneficial nutrients penetrate deeply into skin.
- Conjugated linoleic acid or CLA has powerful anti inflammatory properties, and is also antimicrobial.
- Palmitoleic acid is a very active antimicrobial in our skin. It is also one of the basic building blocks of our skin, but it decreases as we age.
- Palmitic acid helps improve the smoothness of skin, and helps with skin’s barrier function, and decreases as we age.